If you are looking to sell your house quickly, you need to think about what you can do as a seller to get your home ready to sell, as well as how you want to sell in order to get the quickest sale turnaround time. Read this guide to find out how you can sell your house quicker, by following some simple steps below.
How Can I Make My House Sell Quicker?
There are certain actions that you can take as a seller to make your house sell quicker:
1. Adjust the Asking Price
Pricing your house competitively is one of the most effective ways to make a quick sale. Asking for a price that is too high will deter buyers from the offset; whereas, if you set the price to be slightly lower than the property’s market value, it will be more appealing to prospective buyers. Your estate agent will help you set a price that is realistic and determine what might be a slightly lower price that could attract interest or spark a bidding war. Just-below pricing (i.e. £299,000 rather than £300,000) can have a big impact and has proven to be a good sales tactic.
2. Prepare Your House for Sale
Before you show your home to any prospective buyers, make sure that it is ready. This means undergoing a deep clean, ridding your home of any clutter and depersonalising the space; for example, make sure to get rid of any knick knacks, family photos or other personal items. All of this will help prospective buyers picture themselves living in your home.
You can also stage your furniture to enhance your home’s best features. This is especially important if you are selling a flat or other small space. Simple changes like clever light placement or separating your furniture can all help to make the space feel bigger and will be more appealing to prospective buyers.
3. Think About Your Curb Appeal
First impressions count when it comes to showing your home so think about the first thing that a buyer will see: your home’s exterior. Fixing curb appeal does not necessarily involve a full renovation. Instead, focus on minor repairs and general maintenance. This can include things such as mowing your front lawn, a fresh coat of paint for the front door, windowpanes or garage door, fixing any loose tiles on the roof and washing your windows.
4. Fix Minor Repairs
What Method Is Best for a Faster House Sale?
Certain methods can result in a faster house sale. For example:
- Sell to a Cash Buying Company – Cash buying companies will buy any property for cash. They are one of the fastest ways to make a property sale and the company will handle the entire transaction on your behalf. However, you may sacrifice some of the market value.
- Work with Multiple Estate Agents – Working with multiple estate agents can broaden the audience of your property and get more exposure. This, in turn, is likely to result in more interest and a quicker sale. However, estate agents are known to be one of the slower ways to sell a property.
- Sell Your Property at Auction – Selling your property at auction can be a very quick way to sell your property and lets you choose on concrete dates for sale and completion. That said, if you are hoping to get the full value of your home, you are unlikely to be able to do this with an auction sale.